Refer your patients
“We know of no single intervention with greater promise than physical exercise to reduce the risk of virtually all chronic diseases simultaneously”
– Booth et al, Journal of Applied Physiology 2000
How our services can benefit your patients
At DNA health group, our team of highly accredited Exercise Physiologists specialise in the provision of evidence-based exercise programs for the treatment, management and prevention of a number of acute and chronic health and medical conditions. Our Exercise Physiology services are recognised and funded by Medicare, DVA, WorkCover, TAC and many private health insurance funds.
We offer individual and group class exercise sessions, conduct comprehensive health and fitness assessments, prescribe home exercise programs, and provide consultations on healthy lifestyle change and behaviour modification.
Conditions that respond to exercise treatment and healthy lifestyle interventions include:
- Musculoskeletal conditions (osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, low back pain, pre and post knee and hip surgery, postural syndrome, musculoskeletal injury rehabilitation)
- Neurological conditions (Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, stroke)
- Cardiovascular disease / dysfunction (hypertension, coronary vessel disease, chronic heart failure, rhythm or valvular abnormalities, peripheral vascular diseases)
- Respiratory disease (COPD, asthma)
- Metabolic disease / dysfunction (obesity, diabetes; Type 1 and 2, impaired glucose tolerance / insulin sensitivity, dyslipidaemia, metabolic syndrome)
- Chronic fatigue pathologies (chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer or cancer treatment)
- Hormonal dysfunction (PCOS, post menopause syndrome, hypothyroidism)
- Psychological conditions (depression and anxiety)